Saturday, April 26, 2008

Well well, everyone was asking me about debate. "How are you feeling?" "Are you okay?" "Hey, don't be upset, kick their asses next year!" "How come you guys will lose?" "No big deal, it was a tough fight, better luck next year"

Actually, it's okay, sometimes we just have to accept failure, like what Tung said to me. Although we scolded to express our feelings, but that doesn't mean anything lar, it is just that we wanted to express our feelings. I heard a lot of 'them' talked bad about us, about our school, about students here. Hey, it has NOTHING to do with them, so please, let them go, they don't deserve scoldings like that. I've been hearing things after the debate competition like, "sore losers" "not sporting" "mutated monkey" =.='' Do you really have to go that far? I am sorry if I've offended any of you but calling other people like that doesn't sound very nice. Imagine you're being called a monkey? How would you feel? Bad, right?

I just want to make things clear, maybe one of us were not happy about this matter, but please do not say Sung Siew as sore loser, mind your words. "Sung Siew" =.='' Don't judge us like that okay? I am really feeling bad about all these, why does this have to be this way? It is a debate competition, and we end up like what? As if we have killed each others' family members! *touch wood* And please stop talking bad about us, if not this thing would never end. St. Cecilians, GOOD LUCK in the state level competition. No hard feelings.

Through this competition, I've learnt a lot, really. At least I've gained experience about the debate thing. I really salute the head adjudicator, she is so cool! Once again, thanks to everyone, those who lend us their helping hands, especially teachers! THANK YOU! Winning is not important, the most important thing is the process. I think I've seen this somewhere, it's true right? I really gained a lot from this debate competition. *And, to St. Cecilians, I really salute you when you are in the competition, you have the experience and ability, BUT you should revise on the attitude after winning. This is the only comment I could give.*

It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all. - Edward De Bono

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. - Robert F. Kennedy

No comments: