Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lankayan trip

Just got back from the Lankayan trip with G.O.B members, well some of them are not members though. But we had loads of fun! It's my first time, so I think it was great. The food, the whole place, agreed with Tung, it is a paradise =)

I was really excited before going there, went there by speed boat - Mercury *that's what I saw on the engine* We talked until we got bored, and played with fingers, nothing much to do on the boat, just waited and waited. Everyone was excited :) Cath bought a lot of junk food which made us went Oh My God! Haha, everyone was like holding a nice camera and *snap snap snap* Well, I wish I can have one too, at least a better one. There will be a chance next year, hopefully.

I learnt a lot throughout this whole trip, well, this is the first time for me to visit an island, my first time was exploited, lol. Marine turtles, coral reefs and all the fish, just one word to describe - AWESOME! It was my first time snorkelling, althought I couldn't really see clearly but what I saw under the water, it's really like in the televisions, we often see divers swimming together with fishes, pretty corals and so on, and it was REAL, the fishes were just under ME! It was like so cool and I was amazed by the beauty of the corals, and of course the BLUE starfish. Ms. Lat and I were able to see Nemo too! It's cute, so small, haha.

We were asked to talk about a kind of fish that we 'encounter' *inside joke* during snorkelling, draw it out and talk about it. I talked about a yellow fish, which I could not find the species in the books, I named it Jajafish, lol. There were too many types of fish that I saw, but it catches my attention the most, because of its colour and I couldn't see black and white fish clearly, yellow is catchy! Ahh, we get to see baby sharks! Oh my, they are soo cute I tell you. Too bad, no turtles :'(

The three of us shared a room, hehe, which was another FUN part of the trip =) We shared a queen sized bed, they were like complaining : Hey, you're a pig! Haha, yes it's true, I am a pig xD Love the room, Below The Wind. such a unique name huh? Cath and Vicki were sleeping in the room beside our room, the way we communicate was yelling at each other, haha so fun. Love sea water over there, and the beauty of sunset, really nice. We built marine creatures with sand too! It was like so fun, and again, it was my first time playing with sand. While enjoying the sunset, we walked together, took pictures, played with sand and sea water, soo relaxing! We named our group Nilu, haha. What's Nilu? According to David, Nilu is Nemo's friend. We were like sweat, but then we used it since we do not have any ideas. We built coral reefs, brain coral and I forgot the name of the other one, Miki built fishes and Ade built a diver. We just built whatever we saw under the water. I really love the snorkelling part, I want to go again!

And not to forget, the Reef Guardians. They were really cool, the last night, we performed dancing and singing, then we played 'Goreng Pisang' with them, they won us 3 times! Unbelievable! They sang the Lankayan song, something like "There's an island in the Sulu Sea, Lankayan Island you should go and see...." Well, not sure about the lyrics but it touches my heart, really nice song =) We danced the Macarena and we sang "I believe I can fly" but we changed the lyrics, it sounded a bit sad though, lol. Ms. Salha was great, friendly and hot girl =) She sings really well too. And Jason, David's best friend, haha, he was a friendly guy too, until he can never stop smiling or laughing =.='' except when he was playing chess with Jedd. Another guy I remember, Hanafi maybe, they used to call him FiFi, haha, cute name. There's a cute doggy called FuFu, really cute, runs here and there, hyperactive, and according to Tung, it looks wet all the time, haha.

Under the starry night, the three of us lied down a bit and enjoy the night while sipping Coke, singing songs, RELAXING. It was a great moment. The wind was just nice, the whole atmosphere was like so RIGHT. Oh yes, the food. It was great, I can see Ms Lat kept saying "Mmmmm... nice!", haha. Thanks to Mr.Ken for organising this whole trip, it was really a nice one, hope that we can go there next year =) I miss everything in Lankayan, the corals, the whole place, FuFu, the beach, Reef Guardians and the moments spent together with the G.O.B members =) We got a bottle and a T-shirt as souvenirs, they were cool. Three of us picked the same T-shirt, Dive-Evo.

P/S : Pictures will be updated soon, after I got it from other people, didn't take much pictures though.
*updated*
Please click here to view the photos! =)

No comments: